My family and I, are in the planning stage of our family vacation, but with all the news of the Coronavirus, we are very nervous about going anywhere. What do you suggest.
Karen V. from Jacksonville, FL
Hello Karen V:
Yes, we are getting a lot of concerns with this issue. Some people have read, as we use now, “Fake News” and the regular news is very confusing as well.
Here is the real travel warnings, which is listed on travel.state.gov website U.S. The U.S. has temporarily barred entry to foreign nationals who have visited China and pose a risk of spreading the illness, unless they are immediate relatives of U.S. citizens or permanent residents. The State Department issued its highest level do-not-travel advisory for China
- Do not got to visit this areas of China
- Stay away from people who have recently returned fro this area of China for at least 14 day incubation period.
- Make sure your immunizations are up to date. Many people do not do this simple things every year, and more people get the flu while traveling then they will get the coronavirus.
Many people see on television, that some cruise ships are quarantined, that is because people who had traveled from chine were not in the quarantine faze prior to travel and did so anyway. There is one cruise ship in Japan, and one in NJ, these people are not being allowed off the ship until well enough to do so.
We are going to be very in your face right now, and I am sorry about that. But many people when the book their trips, and they get sick prior to traveling will travel anyway and lie to the tsa and the cruise lines, when they ask you have you been ill within the last 2 weeks. People, do not want to forfeit the money the paid for their vacation.
This can be a cold, a stomach virus, etc. and they go anyway.
I want to please remind all people that do this, not only are you risking your health, and if you are confronted by staff of resort, cruise ship, airline, etc can let you know you cannot enter or even confine you to your room for remainder of trip.
Airlines, cruise ships, and resorts are heavily cleaned and disinfected prior to your arrival. So you could be the very person to cause others to get sick. How you say?
1 You are in a small even the largest cruise lines, resorts, airlines are in a tight area. So illness will move fast.
2. If you have a fever, cough, sneezing, don’t go or stay in your room
3. If no more signs, wash you hands all the time. There are bathrooms and also hand santizers all over the place, use them.
4. Children are the worse at this, I know I am a mom and grandma, but at the same time they do not wash their hands, do not allow them to take food by themselves, including ice cream.
5. Many cruise lines have stopped having captions and crew from shaking hands and other passenger events because they do not want to get sick.
So our recommendations are for traveling, whether with concerns of Coronovirus or any other health issues.
1 Purchase travel insurance with cancellation for any reason.
2. If you get sick prior to travel visit a doctor get the A ok. In general we all have health insurance visitor a vision at least a month prior the doctor, get your vaccines they take at least 2 weeks to go through your system.
3. if you are sick prior to travel within 24 hours, DO NOT TRAVEL
4. REMEMBER YOU ARE NOT ONLY RISKING YOUR HEALTH BUT THE HEALTH OF OTHERS.